There are many ways in which you can give a personalized look to your garden. One of those is making DIY stepping stones. These stones can also be used on the path or walkway of your garden and you can also gift these to your friends and family members. You can also make these extra special by using a child`s footprint or hand print on it. To make these stones at home you can easily purchase a kit, but if you wanted to save some money that you can pick up the required supplies yourself. It can save you a lot of money; in fact a complete pack of DIY stepping stones can be made for the same amount for which you will purchase single kit.
Making of stepping stone is not very difficult. It can be made easily by mixing concrete, and then decorate it, putting it in mold and then let it dry. For all this you need following material and supplies:
- A mold
- Quick setting concrete
- Bucket and paint mixer
- Old newspaper, rubber gloves, drop cloth
- Petroleum jelly
Steps involved in making stepping stones
- First of all you should put a drop cloth or newspaper on the ground.
- Line up your molds with petroleum jelly.
- Now you should mix the concrete as per the instructions written on the bag as per your required quantity.
- After mixing concrete, transfer it into molds.
- You can now add embellishments. For this you can use anything you want, any design or any other specific thing as per your choice.
- After adding embellishments to your DIY steeping stone, you should let it dry for 24 to 48 hours. Once it gets dry, you can remove it from the mold and place where ever you want in your garden.